Creating a new database in cPanel is a very simple process. Follow the below instructions and you’ll be on your way.
- Access your Control Panel.
- Look for the section in the example below
- If all you need is a quick database without associated users click MySQL Databases to create your database. If you need users as well we recommend using the MySQL Database Wizard that brings you through a step by step process to create your database.
MySQL Database Wizard
- Once you have clicked on the MySQL Database Wizard, it’ll bring you to the next screen which will be to fill out a name for your database. Enter a name appropriate for this application and click Next Step
- The next step will be to create the database users, fill in your desired user name and a strong password and click Create User
- On the next step you’ll have a list of privileges that you can grant your newly created user. If the user should have all privileges to the database, click the All Privileges checkbox and then click Next Step
And that’s it!
You’ve created your database! You can now access the database by the user and password you filled out.